01 March 2013

Life's Bittersweet Moments

Grandma, it was hard to say goodbye.  But I'm glad you'll be spending the rest of eternity with Grandpa.  70 years of marriage is something not many can boast about.  Here's to spending the rest of eternity with the one you've always loved.  Cheers.  I wish you all the best.

While your passing left me heartbroken, I still found some happiness in the end.  Your passing brought together family I haven't seen in well over 10 years.  Thank you for bringing us together.  I've missed Mom and the kids so much.  It was wonderful to be held and loved once again.  10 years is a long time.  10 years of not watching babies grow up.  I wish I was around to guide them, as a big sister should have.  But being many miles apart, it was hard.  Texting and phone calls were one thing, but nothing can replace actually seeing the kids.  Today, that changed.  Even for a brief moment, I was once again reunited with my family.  Monday, they'll be going back home - who knows when I'll see them again.  But I'll cherish today like no other.

Goodbye, Grandma.

2 comments:

  1. Hang In There Mooshi...
    The pain gets... Better. Not really any less, as time goes on, but it gets better. I lost my Grandmother(that I unfortunately vaguely knew) and my Dad about a month apart a lil over a year ago.

    As bad as that was, what has been wonderful is how close those events brought me to other family I hadn't seen or talked to in 10, or 20 years for some of them.. And now I keep in contact with them weekly, or daily at times...

    Let this be a good event in your life, allowing you to grow closer to those you've been apart from, while they are still here and you Can know them... Thats good in itself to be able to do, and, it can help ease the pain of loss... Anyway, it did for me.

    God Bless,
    Gary
    AK Adventurer from EDCF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gary. I know that Grandma's in a better place now. It hurts me more to see my Mom and siblings so sad. I wasn't around to see them grow up and it was wonderful to see them again. I hope that from here on out, we can keep in better contact.

      Delete