09 March 2013

Pasadena Custom Knife Show 2013


Today was my first time at the Pasadena custom knife show.  :)  I'm looking forward to Plaza Cutlery's again in the fall-ish time.  It was pretty cool.  I met a bunch of USN brothers and sisters.  I didn't hear of any EDCF members coming.  There were some pretty great knives - I missed out on Pohan's folding knives by like 2 minutes.  There was a friction folder that I was interested in, but passed on.  Now I kind of regret it.  haha It would have been nice to keep up the "tradition" of picking up an inexpensive friction folder from each show.  :P


I didn't leave empty handed, though.  I went ahead and picked up a Victorinox Rogue.  For those who are unaware, it's like a Vic Classic, but with a bottle opener.  :)  Cute little thing.  This is a pocket dump of myself and Kit's.  Little Dragon and cousin Blurple got to meet for the first time.  Everything else of mine is pretty much the same... The Timbuk2 pouch was taken from EDCF's Passaround box.  In it is my Goal Zero Guide 10+, which fits perfectly!  And then the charging cable is held securely in the velcro flap in the back.


Lunch time at Dog Haus Biergarten was delicious!  Happy hour, y'all!  :D  Tater tots, mini hot dog, mini corn dog, sliders... and some other hot dog that Kit got.  We both got a pretty delicious beer, though I'm not sure what it's called.  I think the word "nautical" was in the name, though.

All in all, it was a good day.  Despite the nearly hour long drive to get there... haha :)

2 comments:

  1. Is that a hot dog with an egg on it?! Awesome! And all beer should be that nice black color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, YES IT IS. :) haha That place had some very delicious food. :D The buns were Hawaiian bread. Yummmm! And those corn dogs and mini hot dogs were actually made with mini weenies! Not cut down normal ones. :D

      The beer was delicious. :D Starts strong, but has a light taste at the end - not bitter, at all. :)

      Delete