14 March 2013

Onions - The End All, Cure All

hahaha  :D  I just had to post this:

Photo courtesy of my girl, J.  :)

Yep.  Onions.  Why does it make me laugh so much?  'Cause her mom's Super Asian and I love her.  :D  Let me explain.

My girl J has been having a rough couple of weeks, as she's going through some tough decisions in life.  Her mother's worried about her.  And to help with the stress and "bad spirits," clouding J's decisions, she places onions in J's room to help ward those bad spirits away.

There are 3 onions - for the holy trinity.

This isn't the first time that J's come home to onions in her room.  It happens all the time - whenever there are bad vibes, sickness, anything.  It's an old wives' tale back home.  An end all, cure all.  :)

I love learning about all of these wives' tales.  My favorites from my friend M's mother (RIP, ma'am), "Don't shake the water.  When you drink it, your tummy will feel queasy."  and "Don't drink in the dark; it'll make you stupid."

No comments:

Post a Comment