05 March 2013

A Note to EDCF Members

This past week has been more or less one of the worst weeks I've had of late, and this week is only going to get harder to handle, with what's to come.

With my Real World situations, the EDCF "problems" (for lack of a better word) are very, very minuscule and petty in comparison.  While they are still things that clash with my personality, they are still petty - they always have been and I acknowledge that.  I left in the heat of the moment when all of the little things added up and I couldn't continue to brush it aside anymore, on top of the Real World problems that I had to deal with.  I still stand by those feelings - but I think I can handle them better now.

The outpouring support that EDCF members have shown me through my time of weakness has been amazing.  I would like to thank the members who set aside all assumption of why I had left and found other ways to contact me to make sure that I was okay.  Whether the problems I had were EDCF related or not, EDCF members were there to lend an ear.  My sincerest thanks.

Even when I'm alone, I'm never really alone.  :)

Right now though, with all that is going on, I still need to stay off the forums.  I really need to step back and take a little while to sort through my Real Life problems and take it day by day.  If you're wondering why I'm still over on the other forums (USN, MTO, BF, etc.), it's because I'm not active there and I hadn't created any ties with people over there.  I kind of just want to be left alone to figure things out for myself.  Or rather, just have one-on-one conversations (as I've been doing with members who have e-mailed me).

Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week...  You'll see me pop up around in the forums again.  The favorite part of my day was always to welcome the newbies and answer any questions of any member, via PM or on the public forums.  Whenever I feel ready to, I'll swing by.  For now, I still stand by my decision to stay away.  It'll just be a slow transition into coming back if/whenever it is that I decide to and feel ready for.

I don't quite think I got everything out that I need to just yet, and I apologize.  I'll get around to it when I can formulate my thoughts better.  I admit that leaving was a rash decision - in a sense, with all that was going on, I took my pains out on EDCF.  I apologize.

On a side note.  I'd want to personally label y'all as Mooshbot Minions.  hahaha :P  Challenge coin, anyone?  Joe used to hand out buttons that said, "Joe approves of this person."  :)

14 comments:

  1. Some times it's necessary to take a step back from things to let things sort themselves out a bit. I'm not privy to the events that transpired, nor does it really matter. Take all the time you need and dip your toes back in the water when the time is right. Until then, the new guys will be forced to endure my crappy fountain pen advice.

    Keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts! :)

      haha I'm no stationery guru. :) I just like them, is all. :P

      Delete
  2. Hi..

    We may not have talked a lot over at edcf but I want to let you know I got your back. Weird right? Any way just take your time to figure things out. If you come back you come back. If not. That's fine too. What is important is how you are feeling. Take care.

    Ryan aka myth90045

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I still saw you around though. Thank you for your support and understanding.

      Delete
  3. Hey Moosh

    I'm sorry for the tough time you're going through.
    As hard as they may be they don't last. You'll make it through just fine :)
    You and your family will be in my prayers

    At edcf, we miss having having you around, but your feelings and you dealing with your real world problems are more important.
    Whether you return or not, know you left an impression that will last forever and that we will always cherish

    (I'll never forget, you were the 1st to greet me when I 1st joined and helped me get started.)

    If you need we're all here for you and have your back ;)

    Please take care
    Jonathan aka jph0200

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind thoughts and support. I genuinely appreciate it. :D

      Delete
  4. I dropped EDCF for a few years when some one told me using a wood stove while backpacking was not environmentaly friendly... no one missed me when I went lol.

    Anyway, just a thank you to moosh, had a lot of dark days over the past few months. Your general outlook on the world, spirit of service, and generosity have been inspiring. So thank you, and that is why you'll be missed. Its a great community, and better for your contributions. Come back in time, perhaps we can return the favor.

    Love & ALOHA!
    Dave/Cynt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see that you've come back around, Dave! While we don't talk tooooo much on the forums, I still did notice your posts. :) Thank you for your amicable words. :D I'll swing back around in due time. :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Mooshie,

    Even with you not on the forums (EDCF), you are still with me and many others. I just need to flick though this blog and its like we are chatting away face to face, even though we have never met.

    If you don't mind, I am going to enter you into every sort of giveaway I see on the forum. (I am a trouble maker after all) XD

    Either way, I wish you the best of luck, and if you ever do need me I am sure you have my email. If not its rhys.walsh@googlemail.com

    Fabregas, aka Googly eyes, aka Mooshbot Minion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Munchkin!

      It's great to hear from you. I wish I could have somehow met you when you came to the states that one time! That would have been awesome. I was thiiiiiiiis close to meeting MedicInTraining, as her layover flight was about a 45 minute drive from me. But I didn't know that ahead of time to meet up with her. :(

      Oh you. :P Always causing trouble.

      Thank you for your time. :) hehe I love my minions. >=)

      Delete
  6. Moosh,
    Don't forget to find 3 good things in life every single day. Some smart chick started a thread about that once, and it has really helped me out. All the best,
    Danny (catfishdan)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks for the reminder, Dan. It was hard to do so the first couple of days, but it's times like this that really make me slow down a bit and appreciate all the small things in life. :)

      Delete
  7. Moosh,
    Sending as much good karma your way as I can. Sadly, I'm low on karma, but anything counts, right?

    Kones (honorary moonshot minion)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kones. :) Perfect timing. :D Not-so-happy thoughts were starting to get to me and I've been trying to find things to keep my mind off of them.

      Delete