03 March 2013

Wax Seals :D

I love handwritten letters.  I send mail to my out-of-state friends fairly often.  :)  The finishing touch on them has always been a red wax seal, with the initial "J."  I got interested in wax seals several years ago while active on FPN.  I'd gotten the initial seal from the wedding section of Michaels (about $3.00 with a coupon) and some sealing wax (4 sticks for ~ $3.00 after coupon) since it was the only one I could find locally and within my student budget.

Double hearts seal, red sealing wax, letter, and Triumvir lighter.

Fast forward until now, I own a few more.  Since expanding my collection, I've started to look into custom seals (as well as embossers).  As of late, my love for adding that bit of personal flair to my letters have been rekindled.  

While browsing through Pinterest, I happened upon a person on Etsy (here) who makes custom seals for $20.00 and about $5.00 shipping and about 10 handle colors to choose from (I want purple!).  Now all I've got to figure out is how I want the design... $20.00 and shipping is more than reasonable for a custom seal.

I've also always wanted a seal ring (and figure out how to EDC the wax).  I found this one today:

They had these up for sale in 2011 for $35.00; I wonder if they'll still make 'em... (here) 'cause that's pretty rockin'.

2 comments:

  1. Do they make one with a cow on it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I think BackToZero will take just about any vector image. I kind of wanted one that said, "Moosh Approved!" I'm still debating on an ink stamp version or a wax stamp. :)

      Delete