27 March 2013

Amazing Support Groups :)

I've got to say, I've got the best support groups anybody could ask for.

USN members have helped to keep my chin up - some even going through the trouble to reach out and PM me to make sure that I was okay.

Yesterday, I went out with J and P for some drinks and a dinner at Earl of Sandwich.  They're always there for me when I need somebody to talk to.  There's nothing better than a couple of drinks with good company to get things off my mind.  They have been an absolute Godsend for me.  It's like they can sense that I'm feeling down or something.  In the past couple of weeks, on the days when I'd become most "depressed" (for lack of a better term), I would randomly get texts from them to go out for drinks (it's not all alcoholic, y'all!) or dinner.  J will invite me over for tea and just to talk sometimes, too.  10 years of friendship, and counting.  <3

Huge props to Mighty Max as well.  He helped me figure things out from more perspectives than I could have otherwise.

This morning, I was having a rough time sorting out my thoughts and feelings in light of recent events.  KAMM helped me through it over the phone while I was at work - she called me on her lunch break.  :)  My coworkers D, S, and K were all supportive as well; when they'd realized what was going on, they accommodated it while still keeping me productive.

I came home after work to find J waiting for me.  She'd gotten me ice cream and sat down to talk for a little bit.  From the other side of the continent, R texted me to help me get through things as well.  

Then there was this package from the guys and gals over at EDCF.  I didn't get past the first item before I fished out the letter.  Soon after, my tears of hurt and frustration turned into tears of love and joy.  It's absolutely amazing the things that these people will do.  In it were a few of my grails.  :)

Handwritten letters and postcards, Galco hat, Case Purple Passion Toothpick, a spiffy bear patch, purple bead, Pilot VP in matte black.  Not shown:  Condor Summit jacket, custom turned pen, custom turned toothpick holder.  :D

My sincerest thanks to all those who have supported me through this rough time of my life.  I've been trying my best to let things go and carry on - for the most part, I thought I was doing well.  But when I have nothing else to otherwise preoccupy my time, it's a little hard to keep those hurtful thoughts from creeping in and making me dwell on the past.  I'm getting there day by day.  It'll just take some time to sort everything out - all of these events happened so quickly.

Again, my sincerest thanks.  :)  I hope that everybody is lucky enough to have such varied and amazing support groups as I have.  It's nothing short of amazing.  :)  Simply, amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment