02 March 2013

He's a Man Now :)

This past week has been rough.  But as I said in my previous post, it was bittersweet.  Though the passing of my grandmother, I was able to reunite with siblings that I hadn't seen in well over 10 years.  I'm only 23 at this time and I'd missed out on being a big sister.

C1 is now 19 years old, fresh out of high school as of last summer.  I missed his graduation, something I wholeheartedly regret.  During the memorial, (while Mom and Dad were out of earshot) I told him, "C1, you're now a man.  I'm sorry I missed your graduation.  But here is something I've been meaning to give you.  A man should always carry on him, a good knife."

Because I didn't study up on the knife laws of his county (we're in separate states), I chose to give him a Spyderco Squeak.  I could have done better, but it was cute, non-locking, and with a decent sized blade.  As far as I know, it probably passes basically any county knife law.  C1, I also promised you that when you turn 21, we're getting you a CCW.  :)

I still can't believe I've missed so much of y'all growing up.  All 4 of you.  I hope to keep in better contact with you from here on out.  I love you!

Grandma, again, thank you for bringing us all back together, even if only for a week.

In loving memory of Maria.
1921 - 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment