28 February 2013

RIP, Grandma

RIP, Grandma.  While you weren't of blood, I lived with the family long enough to think of you as so.  Though miles apart, I'll always be the older sister to C1, C2, C3, and T.  And I'll be sure to be there for Mom and the kids.  Y'all were there for me when I was younger, and I'll never forget that - it's time I grew up and took care of you all.

I'll never be able to make the "grape joke" with you again.  That's something I'll never forget.  'Cause "fresh grapes are great," right, Grandma?

I'll make the effort to come out to TX more often to visit the family.  I wish I had made the trek out earlier last year, for C1's graduation and to see the family.  Have fun with God.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.  Please look after us from up there.  You'll be missed.


7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your loss moosh. Remember time heals all, so it's ok to feel any way you want right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always hard to lose someone that you grew up with watching over you. I'm not much the praying type, but I'll send some good vibrations towards you and your family. The one thing you'll always have are all the good memories. I hope you can find a way to celebrate those instead of mourning the loss of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Q. I did find solace in the end. It's bittersweet. Thank you for your thoughts. :)

      Delete
  3. Blessings to you and your family in this time of remembering, Mooshi.

    ReplyDelete