23 February 2013

February Carry Update (185/365)

I don't think I've ever posted an EDC carry before, let alone an update.  My carry definitely has changed over this past year.  I've definitely streamlined my carry and below is my most current:


This has been the most static carry in the past couple of months.  Not too much changes from day to day and I'm really happy with it.

I'll try to be in depth as possible with everything since I'm certain this is my first EDC dump that I can recall of on this blog...

  1. Wallet:  Big Skinny's Leather Open-Sided Skinny Mini
    • top slot:
      • Fresh & Easy Friends card
      • credit card
      • Starbucks Gold Card
    • bottom slot:
      • Costco card
      • debit card
    • inside: 
      • receipts (gets emptied at the end of the day)
      • HFT freebie & 20% off coupon
      • some cash ($20.00; that usually gets me out of most situations)
    • ID window:
      • school ID
      • work ID
      • driver's license
  2. Notebook:  mini composition notebook from Dollar Tree (I hope they never stop making these!)
  3. Flashlight:  Olight i2
  4. Phone:  Motorola Atrix (first generation) w/ generic case
  5. Knife w/ lanyard:  Blurple :)
    • Benchmade Mini Griptilian (custom)
    • light blue + purple scales
    • N680 steel upgrade
    • all silver components
    • silver arrow clip
    • engraved w/ EDCF logo and username
    • WillyDigger's custom medallian - purple ninja
  6. Lip balm:  Burt's Bee's tin.  My favorite!  :D  Nice and minty.  There's just something about tins that I like.  :P
  7. Pen:  Zebra F-301, black ink, fine point
  8. Watch:  Skagen.  I'm not sure what model it is.
  9. Jacket:  TAD Ranger LT Hoodie w/ Affonso mini PVC patch
  10. Keys:
    • Nite Ize Key Rack
    • car key
    • home keys x 4
    • safe keys x 2
    • TEC SS glow fob
    • Affonso
    • USN tag
    • SteelFlame tag
  11. Other:  vial w/ chew sticks (this one happens to be tea tree flavored)
:)  I think that about covers everything.  This setup is usually what I check my pockets for before I leave the door.  Occasionally the knife will be switched out.  Other times, I'll add on the Goal Zero Guide 10+ and respective charger cable if I know that I'll be out long enough to deplete my phone's batteries.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Nice setup you have there. Every time I see Blurple, I head over to Benchmade's site and play around with the Griptilian builder for a bit.

    Do you have a source for the Burt's Bees tin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) hehe I do like Benchmade's Griptilian builder, but I do wish there was a way to preview engravings on there. I could understand not being able to see picture engravings, but it'd be nice to preview the text ones.

      I do not. I found it at Bed Bath & Beyond the last time I was there. The second time I went to stock up, they were out. They're getting harder to find in stores, so I believe (based on review comments on their site) that just about everyone has resorted to purchasing through Burt's online shop.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jade. I actually found them on Amazon, but I couldn't bring myself to spend nearly $6.00 for shipping for one tin of lip balm. I never thought to see if Burt's actually had an online shop. Doh!

      Before I forget to ask, how do you like the N680 on your Grip?

      Delete
    3. Ouch! :P You could always buy the 6 pack and be set for a few years. $15.00-and change and then add a few other items for the free super saver shipping.

      Otherwise you're looking at $3.00/tin and $5.00 shipping (up to $25.00 purchase) from Burt's.

      I really like the N680. I hardly have to sharpen it; in the past year that I've had it, I've taken it to my buddy Dan to sharpen once. I should give it touch ups more often though; I didn't bring it to Dan until she lost her bevel and I couldn't sharpen it myself. As soon as she came back, I was amazed when I was slicing open my packages. No effort and yet, it goes through those bubble envelopes like nothing. :D

      Delete