01 February 2013

"Not Buffs" (164/365)


After a month, my order from dx.com finally came in.  :)  Well actually, half of my order.  The second half was backordered, but was shipped out a couple of days after this one.

I got these "Not Buffs" from dx.com to supplement my EDCF Buff's almost daily usage.  The EDCF Buff branded one is great; I like the color scheme and all, but I just wanted more.  I just couldn't justify the $20.00 price tag on them since I wanted more colors to accessorize with.

The ones from dx (and other similar sites) could be had for <$3.00 a piece, shipped.  Aliexpress actually has them in bulk for about $1.00 a piece, in lots of 30, shipped.  I was tempted, but since Aliexpress doesn't take PayPal, I didn't want to mess around with that site.

I'm not sure how they'll hold up after time and over many washings, but I'm extremely happy with them so far.  They're super soft (dare I say... softer than the Buff brand ones?) and very warm.  In total, I believe I ordered 8; some I gave away to family and others I'm giving away to friends.  I hope one day they'll catch on so that I can find them more locally.  The last time I saw these in person (in lieu of having to purchase over the Interwebz and the Buff brand ones at REI), they were being sold for $6.00 or $8.00 each at the county fair last summer.

It took one heck of a time figuring out how each website labels these though.  It took a round-about way of searching.  The ones at the county fair was just labeled as "12-in-1 scarf!"

No comments:

Post a Comment