28 October 2012

Garage Sale + A Long Nap (069 + 070/365)

No pictures.  I was much too busy this weekend.

First off, G.I. Joe SAR held a garage sale fundraiser on the 27th.  We didn't get any sleep (well, I knocked out for a little while) the night of the 26th, as we were prepping all the items to put out and set up for the sale.  We then stayed up all through the wee hours of the early morning to set up the driveway.

As soon as I got home the afternoon of the 27th after the fundraiser was over, I decided I needed a nap after a [mostly] sleepless 24+ hours.  By the time I got home, it was about 1430.  What was supposed to be a quick nap before finishing up some homework readings ended up to be a 15 hour nap.  That's right.  I didn't wake up until 0530 the next morning.  This was 15 hours of STRAIGHT sleeping.  I did not stir one bit that night.  That may be been the best sleep I've ever gotten.  :)

Tomorrow, I shall work on making some fire starters.  :D  It'll be in the upcoming edition of G.I. Joe SAR's monthly newsletter.  If you'd like to join their newsletter and see future emergency/survival/safety tips, feel free to e-mail and request to have your e-mail added to the list at GIJ4.11@gmail.com.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment