12 October 2012

Dollar Tree Haul (056/365)


As promised, I took $10.00 to the giant Dollar Tree after school and got a small haul.  This is probably the most random bunch of stuff I've ever bought on any trip.  From left to right, top to bottom, we have:

  • 6-pack of tissues, Phineas & Ferb ones:  Just in case I need to give them away to kiddos whose parents did not leave the house prepared (it happens often and even more so now that it's the cold season)
  • shelf stable whole milk:  I read about these a lot of those "mommy blogs" a while back.  I'm not even sure how I stumbled upon it, but I recall many of them over on the east coast stocking these up by the case (if not the pallet).  One reason being that because they are shelf stable, they are perfect for emergency situations.  Another being that it's $1.00 for 32 ounces - that's half the price of what we pay for generic branded milks here.  I'm used to these because that's how the milks are sold in Vietnam anyhow.  This is probably my favorite purchase of the day.  I'd just bought a gallon of milk yesterday while grocery shopping at Target, so I'll wait until that's finished before trying this one.
  • doggy doo-doo bag refills + the holder one:  These will be perfect for taking Max out.  It's got a little clip that I can clip on to his leash.  I've had these before and they're a little on the thin side (though at this price, I wouldn't hesitate to double bag, either).  But they work as they should; it's just less of a hassle to buy these and clip 'em to Max's leash than have to always remember to pack a bag every time I take him out.  The next cheapest price I've seen these for would be $5.00, sometimes without that extra roll.
  • mustache comb + scissors:  haha... this was kind of a waste of a dollar, really.  But it was for Brother, whose 'stache has become a little unwieldy.  :)  He likes it.  It was moreso for laughs than anything else.  
  • teeth whitening gel + mouth tray:  I've read good reviews about these.  Figured I could try 'em out.  *shrug.
  • 4-pack of generic version of Colgate Wisp:  I figured these would be good to stash in the car or in my SAR bag.  It's half the price of Colgate or Scope and actually come individually wrapped, whereas the name brand ones come in weird foil things that once opened, exposes them all.
  • coaster:  I needed a coaster.  :)  I was getting nasty condensation rings on my tabletop (thankfully glass) and "desk" (black painted wood).
  • doggy bowl:  Max hasn't got a proper bowl yet.  :)  Now he does.  :D  
That's pretty much it.  I'll have to write up another post on that milk when the time comes.  :)  I hope it tastes better than that powdered milk stuff (though admittedly, I do use that for camp since it's easier and lighter to lug to the campsite).

No comments:

Post a Comment