07 October 2012

California Custom Knife Show: Day 2 / First Custom Knife (051/365)

 

I did not do much at the custom knife show today.  Heck, Brother and I actually came later in the day at 1300, just in time for the Hinderer raffle (I snagged a raffle ticket JUST as Rob was about to walk out to set up the raffle table :D).  For the next hour or so, we didn't do much more than talk to a few of the knifemakers and take pictures.  I had an itch to buy something, even if funds didn't "allow" for it.  It was my first custom knife show and I wanted something to remember it by!


The knives you see before you are two friction folders made by Mr. Hiroaki Ohta.  He's a nice little fellow and I got both of these together for a total in the double digits.  :)  These are Brother & Sister (like "his & hers") knives.  Mine's the darker one while Brother went with the lighter one.  They're really great!


I think they look beautiful, and the price cannot be beat.  :D  This was the same man from yesterday where Brother, Tower, and Belush each got a custom box cutter.  

Anyhow, the day was slow and many of the knifemakers packed up around 1430.  I'm glad that I was able to find something that was well within budget (hint:  If I didn't find this, I would have picked up a Sodbuster), especially for a custom knife.  I'm a little bummed that Mr. Hiroaki did not put his mark on these blades (he only did so on the larger ones), but they aren't going anywhere, so as long as I know that they are my first real custom blades, I'm exceptionally happy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment