06 October 2012

California Custom Knife Show: Day 1 (050/365)

Blurple taking a "family photo" with her step siblings, the Reeves.  ;)

Thanks to Plaza Cutlery, I got to go to my very first custom knife show today.  Brother and I went together and I eventually met up with some EDCF members.

It was a phenomenal event and to be honest, I didn't even know where to start looking when I came in! I was very much intrigued by the Japanese knives.  After walking around, I had realized that the knives that caught my eye each and every time were from these Japanese knifemakers.  :)

It was really fun trying to win the raffles and such.  I think the largest turnout for the lotteries and raffles was that of Mr. Hinderer.  It was insanely crowded when it came time for his lottery.  I hope I get a door prize tomorrow!  :P  I think that'd be pretty cool.

I didn't get to shake Mr. Reeve's hand as planned, but that's okay.  There's always next year.  :)

There were some CRAZY beautiful knives there.  :)  I can't even begin to describe them.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's update.  I didn't get to take pictures today (other than that shot above) since I forgot the memory card to my camera at home.  Oops!  Regardless, I had a great time today and look forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment