11 September 2012

Pentax Q (026/365)


Got a new little camera today - the Pentax Q.  It's one heck of a little bugger.  :)  I don't own any cameras (other than the one on my phone).  Brother and I do "share" a Nikon D40 DLSR, but I think of the few years that we've owned it, he'd only let me use it 3 times - once when I went out of town, another at my friend's birthday shindig, and the third time a few months ago at my friend's graduation ceremony.

This is one sweet little compact system.  :)  It's freaken cute and packs a whole lot of awesomeness in such a small package.  One thing about the DSLRs is that it's sometimes too bulky for my use.  I don't want to lug around something so large for short/small outings with friends.  At the same time, the new point and shoot cameras has so many settings that I didn't want to deal with it.  This one's right in the middle; kind of like a "bridge" camera, if you will.  :)

Anyhow, seeing as how I haven't had much time with this little guy, I can't say much else on its performance.  I do love the quick startup though.  That's one thing that bothers me about some point and shoots.  So far, the UI is quite friendly and easy to navigate.  :)  We'll see how it holds up as my EDC camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment