03 September 2012

Letter Writing (019/365)


I was digging through my old school bag and found this little setup (minus the Pilot Prera; that's new!) in one of my folders.  Back when I was REALLY into letter writing, I kept this around so that I could write letters and/or postcards to my friends whenever I found the time or wanted to kill time.

This little setup included:

  • an envelope (stamped with "From the desk of J_______.")
  • a postcard
  • a sheet of Staples bagasse letter sized paper
  • a stick of sealing wax
  • the wax seal
  • a forever stamp - that way I don't have to worry about getting the correct stamp for letters or postcards
As long as I had a lighter on me (most of the time it was in my backpack), the wax seal would be used. This particular one was a really cheap one, as I didn't want to accidentally lose a "good" one.  Every now and then I would switch it out for a chop that has my name in Chinese and a red ink pad.  That didn't happen too often since I didn't want to deal with the probability of getting ink all over.

The pen used for letter writing is whatever I had on my person.  During this time of my college career, I was almost always never without the Platinum Preppy, filled with Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

I've been meaning to get an embosser to replace the "From the desk of J_________." stamp, but it never happened since the customized ones were in the $60.00 range.  However, recently, I found a very nice deal on the ink type seals (same design as the embosser) for $30.00 for a two pack (mailing address + seal).  I'll have to look into that, but I hope it's a good deal.  I might finally be able to stop my search!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, I find it very funny you block out your name in the post (refering to the "From the desk of J_________." ), but then at the bottom of every post it says "Posted by Jade Nguyen"

    ReplyDelete