22 September 2012

Mustard Seed Family Night 2012 (037/365)

(I didn't take any pictures.  Sorry!  It was much too busy tonight for pictures!)

Tonight was great.  Though I was originally planning to show up to our annual Family Night event as a guest, I ended up working alongside one of my best friends as "Food Coordinator."  Well, we weren't actually the coordinators, but it felt like it.  

Family Night is an annual event that the members of Mustard Seeds (Hạt Cải) hold in honor our our family, especially our parents.  We rehearse for months to put up skits and entertainment, including a traditional Vietnamese dance, to show our appreciation for our parents.  :)

The day was pretty hectic, but it was well worth it.  Because I had done Food Coordinator last year, I knew what it was like already.  A lot of the members of the group this year are new so they didn't know what to expect.  A lot of them were stressed out (many of them having not slept the night prior) and the least I could do was help with the food.  It may seem hard, but having to cook food (it's tradition that you actually COOK it yourself without the aid of parentals) for an RSVP list of 250 and get te 3 course meal out to them all within a time frame of 30 minutes is no easy task!  

Though I didn't get to see the show, I'm glad that all the food got out on time and everybody had a good portion.  I'm just glad that the others were able to not stress about the food and only think about their parts in the show while J and I did the background work in the kitchen.  

All in all, it was a good night.  :)  I hope everybody else had fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment