08 September 2012

Boots! (024/365)


Posting this up to EDCF's "What's on your feet?" prompted today's 365 post.  These are my cheap/inexpensive Response Gear 8" WOMEN'S Side Zip boots from Big 5.  I'd gotten them a whole year ago and they have treated me well, and shall continue to.

These were only $30.00.  To date, they are the most comfortable (even moreso than my hiking shoes) shoes I own.  Perhaps it's because they're about a half size too large?  These are Women's size 6, but they have a lot of cushioning, so it holds on to my feet well, even after a year of wearing them in.  Actually, these boots needed no such thing!  They were comfy from the start.  :)

Anywho, I've really put these boots through heck and back - camping, hiking, training, SAR missions, patrol work, and then through my day to day life - they've held up just fine.  All of the seams are still intact and it doesn't show signs of coming apart.

As much as I would like the 5.11 ATAC 8's, I just don't have the means necessary to be able to purchase them quite yet.  Even so, I'm very happy with these boots and they are more than enough to tide me over until I can get those 5.11's.  I think even after those 5.11's, these will definitely have a place in my rotation, though.  For $30.00, they're kinda hard to beat, considering how comfortable they are, even after a year's worth of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment