15 January 2013

New Park Signs, Busy Days Ahead (147/365)

I finally got home from one of the longer days I've had in a while...

First I was out on my usual patrol shift, only to find... I wouldn't be patrolling today.  My partner and I were in charge of putting up new park signs.  Apparently, there's been some activity going on in the local parks and the local law enforcement agencies want their residents to know to lock up their belongings when away from their vehicle.

I wouldn't have chosen that color scheme... though I've got to admit, it's fairly eye catching.

So after that shift was over, I came home for a good 10 minutes only to change and have to head out again.  What this time?  Cook up the food booth menu items for the volunteers of GI Joe SAR to try out  so that we can get some feedback at tonight's meeting.

Holy moly, I was tired.  The meeting consisted of a lot of productive back and forth talk about how to go about handling the food booth that we'll be manning in a few weeks for the annual Chinese New Year Festival.  It's going to feel like working in the Disney kitchen again...

It was great to have good feedback from the volunteers.  Here's to having a good turnout and that everything goes off without a hitch... 'cause I'm tired.  Too, TOO tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment