23 January 2013

Magic the Gathering (155/365)


New EDC?  Maybe.  :)  I just got these cards from a couple of friends last night, S and HF.  We'd met up at Starbucks to catch up and they were playing Magic the Gathering.  Eventually they taught me how to play and I won my first two games, with the help of S, of course.  After a few hours, we migrated over to the Target that was in the same plaza so that HF could buy some new cards.  He'd gotten the really neat Holiday Gift Pack, which included 4 booster packs, a promo card, a bunch of land cards, and a very nice box with labels to organize everything.

However, it ended up being a "trash box" since all of his cards from the booster packs were commons/uncommons.  HF handed the cards over to me to start my very own deck.  :)  I need to get myself some land cards to make it work though.  :P  As of right now, I only have 1 Plains and 1 Island, both are basic lands.

Will I start playing this?  Maybe.  Maybe I'll just grab an intro deck for $10 or $15 to get started and then work it out with the boys for better cards and build from there.  :P  It's actually a pretty fun game once you understand the rules.  I still think it's crazy that a new set comes out like every 3 months or something though.  I'm not sure if I can keep up with it!

BONUS:

This is HF's Batman backpack.  It's so freaken cute!  I WANT IT!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment