29 January 2013

Minimum Charges, Work!, Almost Missed (?) Connection, My Tattered Notebook (158 - 161/365)

*** I was having problems with Picasa the past few days, so I've edited my individual posts into one lump post for January 26 - 29. ***

January 26 - Minimum Charges  (158/365)

Ah... credit cards.  What have you done to me?  I usually will carry a $20.00 bill on me, but for most purchases, I use my credit card.  Last night, I had used my $20.00 to pay for lunch for a friend and I.  After that, I went to the market to check some prices on a few items and get some soy milk in the process.

To my surprise, the soy milk was on sale for $1.00 per carton and they also had the black soy milk, which I don't see very often.  I picked one up, knowing that I already had 2 cartons at home.  I go through soy milk pretty quickly, considering that there's enough in a carton to make probably 5 - 7 smoothies; I make up to 3 a day depending on how much time I spend at home.

I get up to the cashier with my soy milk in hand... only to find that there's a $10.00 minimum that needs to be met for all plastic purchases.  :(  In "frantic" mode, I blurted out that I would grab some more soy milk.

... I came home with 10 cartons of the stuff.


January 27 - Work!  (159/365)

Tomorrow will be my first day of work.  :D  I'd already set out what I wanted to bring with me.  But I'll post the picture tomorrow.  I'm super excited for it!  Tomorrow's also the new school semester.  I've packed up some EDC items that will play double duty for both school and work.

My pens:  Pentel Tradio Mini w/ Waterman Florida Blue, Pilot Prera w/ PR Chocolat, Rotring Rapid Pro 0.5

(edited to add)

Work carry consisted of:  key fob, wallet, Olight, name plate, Skagen watch, Vic Cadet, spiral notebook for work, mini Composition for agenda and personal notes, Pilot Prera, Zebra F-301, Burt's Bees lip balm tin (not shown; didn't make it in frame)

January 28:  Almost Missed (?) Connection  (160/ 365)

Tonight I went with a classmate to Soup Plantation between classes.  We almost gave up because we had gotten lost on the way there and didn't want to be late for our last class for the night.  It was dark and we were in the hills.  O_O  Scary.

Anyway, we made it to Soup Plantation.  I had forgotten my phone in the car but promised someone I'd text them.  After retrieval, I came back in and just as I was about to sit down, I saw an old co-worker!  We used to do network marketing together and we'd lost touch after I'd quit and went a separate path.

She's super nice and it was great to see her again.  A few times I had wondered how she was doing but because of the circumstances (and the fact that I got a new phone and all the numbers were wiped...) I didn't want any awkwardness.  You know how sometimes you think about old friends and want to say hi but are afraid that they might not remember you?  Yeah.  That's how I felt.  :D  We exchanged e-mails and phone numbers and I hope that we keep in touch.  :)

January 29:  My Tattered Notebook  (161/365)


Ever since I found these notebooks at Dollar Tree, I've fallen in love.  The paper quality is great, the binding is sewn (I HATE glued binding!), and it's just the perfect size.  Plus, I fancy products that are miniaturized versions of the originals.  :)  The above notebook has been with me for just about 3 months.  It's down to its last 4 pages and final couple of days before the agenda portion that I'd formatted runs out.

I'm sure it would have held up better had it not gotten wet in Jersey, but hey, well worn EDC items just shows great love.  ;)  I hope that Dollar Tree never stops selling these.  They come in packs of 3 and that's the best dang deal I've ever seen for mini notebooks.  :D

I can't wait to start up the new one.  :)  I usually put aside some time here and there to format the following quarter's notebook, but I think I'll expedite that process by getting a date stamper.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment