14 January 2013

Mini Composition Notebook Cover (146/365)


I had an itchin' to sew something tonight.  :)  By all means, I made a fabric cover for these little mini composition notebooks.  :D  I didn't have the fabric I wanted, so I made due with whatever remnants I could find around the house.

It was super easy to make - I'll have to revisit this entry in the future to do a step-by-step tutorial for it when I find the time.  :)

This one was just done off the top of my head and so the stitching was a little bit off.  I think I'll try and add an elastic band to it on the next try.  :D  Or like a button or velcro closure or something.  The measurements I used made it fairly snug, which I like.  I just didn't like the fabric used (it's a little stretchy) and so this will not be carried in pocket (I'm sure I'll get irritated).  If it's not too thick, I think I'll try using the duck canvas for the next one.  :)

The notebook on the left (green) is how it looks after nearly 3 months of carry (front pocket, mostly) and having gotten wet while helping in Jersey with the Hurricane Sandy relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment