19 January 2013

Disneyland! (151/365)

It's been a few years since I've been to Disneyland.  The last time I went there for a full day was probably a few months before I had quit back in 2010.

Today, I got to go with my friend B, and we'd spent the whole day together doing all the major attractions, making sure to catch everything that had been renewed or added since her last visit.  :)

I brought my Sitka as my day pack and it was PERFECT for the outing.  :D  More on that another time.

The first purchase of the day?  Dole Whip Float.  Yummmmm.

For dinner, we both got a margarita (to celebrate my new job) and the vegetarian chili bowl at Pacific Wharf Cafe.

This was my first time seeing the Aladdin show at the Hyperion!  It was great - I'm sure to make time for this show from now on.  :D

The night ended with a visit to the Mad T-Party.  It was a lot better than I had expected.  :D  I really dig the costumes.

We packed a whole lot of fun into our day.  First thing's first, B and I headed to get our Fast Passes for World of Color.  Lucky us, we got the Blue section for the 8pm showing!  :D  The show was  PHENOMENAL!  :D

We also went on Soarin' Over California, Ariel's little ride thingie, visited some friends at the Wharf, got our Fast Passes for the Radiator Springs ride (it was AWESOME!) and a few other things over on the DCA side that I can't recall.

Over on the Disneyland side, we watched Captain EO (I miss MJ), went on Space Mountain, got to see the new Star Tours for the first time (the screen is so clear... and the motion was more abrupt than it used to be), and Pirates.

Even though we'd spend the day from 9am to about 10:30pm, we were only able to fit so much in our schedule, even with the fast passes.  We only waited in 2 lines; a 30 minute line for Pirates and a 1 hour line for Space Mountain.  All in all, it was a great day.  While we weren't able to hit up everything, we got to see everything that we wanted to.  :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment