05 December 2012

Junky Knife Turned Good (106/365)


Whoa.  So I'm no pro sharpener and I don't claim to be.  But dang, these DMT sharpeners sure to make sharpening quick and easy.  :)  Since getting these (the DMT Mini-Sharp and the Dia-Sharp), I've been going around sharpening anything that I could find.

I was SUPER happy to finally be able to get an edge on this cheap Kissing Crane toothpick knife.  I've always wanted a Case Toothpick but I just couldn't afford it.  I really love the size and shape of these toothpick knives (I wonder if Case has a CF one that will match my future CF Case Sodbuster Jr...).  I got this Kissing Crane one in a surprise bag from BudK a while back.  I carried it a few times in the summer as a food knife but I wasn't able to get a good edge on it, even on the Sharpmaker (I know... even with that I'm horrible at sharpening!).

But these DMTs... DANG!  :)  I'm definitely going to get more than my money's worth with these DMTs.  I wonder what other wonders it can do... :P  Perhaps I can finally get a nice edge on my kitchen knives.

No comments:

Post a Comment