24 August 2012

Sanitizer Leash/Germ Grenade (009/365)


:)  I keep one of these on each of my bags.  It's just a very quick and easy cobra stitch around the front and back of the bottle with a split ring at the bottom.  Usually I gut them, but I decided to keep this one intact.

One of these 2 ounce bottles (from Dollar Tree) uses up just a tad over 5 feet of cordage.  I like these particular bottles because the top portion is more square, which means that the cord won't slip off the "shoulders."  I've yet to be able to actually do the ITSTactical way of making the Germ Grenade, as I've never been able to make the side lashings look nice.  That's quite alright as this method takes up less cord and if done tightly enough, it takes some effort to slide it off.  After a dunk in the water, the cord will shrink and it'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment