26 August 2012

Ouch! (011/365)

Looks like I've got no EDC photo today, which kind of defeats the purpose of this thread.  Oh well.

Today was supposed to be the picnic social for G.I. Joe Search and Rescue.  Instead, I ended up with stitches, a sprained hand, and a slight concussion.

Before the picnic even started, I was skating around at the park where it was held.  I came down an hill that was much more inclined than I'd thought it was.  Because the trucks on my skateboard was so loose, I did the "wobble of death" and totally ate it.  I sat up only to find blood dripping down my forehead.  Luckily, Sis was right there and helped me clean up while Pat called for the paramedics.

I ended up with a gash about 1.5" across and got stitches to fix that up.  The other injuries were a sprained left hand (which, they said would take about a year to get 100% mobility), and a bunch of scratches.  I have some fairly large scratches on the left side of my face.  I feel kind of like The Phantom.

Here's a picture of my hospital food, though.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment