29 August 2012

Pilot Prera (014/365)


I came home from school to find this Pilot Prera waiting for me.  :)  I got the Slate Gray with fine nib.  It's currently filled with Noodler's Bad Blue Heron.  I think I'll switch out the ink for Lamy Blue-Black or something.  The Bad Blue Heron isn't as dark as I like it in this nib - looks great in my OHTO F.I.N.E. though!  Maybe I'll try Private Reserve Chocolat in it as well.  If all else fails, Noodler's Heart of Darkness!  :)

This is to date, my most expensive pen (as far as I know; I've gotten some pretty nice ones as gifts in the past).  It's definitely worth it, as I've always fancied having an Eastern Fine nib and have eyed this Prera for a couple years now.  Perhaps one day, I'll have that Namiki Vanishing Point in my hand, either in Raden or Black Carbonesque.

So far, so good!  After inking it up and trying it out, it's definitely a smooth writer.  Though I've only had it a few hours, there hasn't been any startup problems whatsoever.  The fine nib allows me to write on both sides of the paper with no bleed through, even on cheap paper.  My writing's actually much more legible now that I have a thin nib to match my tiny writing.

I look forward to using this pen throughout my grad school years.  It's definitely going to be great for notetaking, given its light weight, good balance (whether or not posted), and great ink flow.  I think the ink capacity is good enough for daily use.

This will definitely be in my EDC rotation.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment