23 November 2012

Zippo Hand Warmer (094/365)


I received this Zippo brand hand warmer a few days ago.  This will be part of my EDC for the season.  The package came with the warmer unit + catalyst piece, a warming pouch, and the filler cup.  :)  As I'd mentioned in the Charcoal Hand Warmer post, I'm putting the charcoal one on hold for "emergency" use and using the Zippo on a more regular basis.

So far, the Zippo has worked well for the few days that I've owned it.  It's extremely easy to use, though I do need to get newer lighter fluid.  My lighter fluid was so old that it had degraded a little and wasn't very flammable.  The hand warmer gets nice and toasty (though so far, not as toasty as my charcoal one) and there is no scent that I can detect.  I hope that the "lack" of warmth was due to the old lighter fluid.  :(

The other day, I went all around town looking for lighter fluid, but to no avail.  I was only able to find butane canisters around.  :(  What's going on?

The first time I'd tried to fill it using the little filler, I didn't press the tip into the cotton and I'd made a mess.  I learned that I needed to kind of "tap" the tip of the filler into the cotton, allowing the fluid to wick into the cotton and into the filling chamber.  :)

Would I recommend it?  Most definitely.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment