13 November 2012

"Instant" Potato Soup (084/365)


I found these packets of "instant," single serving soups at Walmart the other day.  They were $1.00 each and came in a few flavors.  I also got the chicken noodle soup one.  I just thought they were interesting and might be well worth it to keep a few around the house or to take camping with me and cook it up with the Jetboil.


I followed the directions as said on the backside of the package:
  1. In a large soup bowl, whisk contents of this packet with 1 cup of cold water, stir well.
  2. Microwave uncovered on high for 3 minutes.
  3. Stir then cook for an additional 3 minutes.
  4. Let stand 1 minute, garnish if desired with bacon bits, chives, and cheddar cheese... ENJOY! 

This is what it looked like before mircrowaving.

The final product after all the microwaving and stirring.  I actually took it out of the microwave a little bit early because it started to pop.  Served in my Jack Skellington mug and all is good.  :)  I've never had potato soup in the past, so I have nothing to compare it to.  It tastes kind of like chicken broth... but thicker... and a little on the bland side (just a tad).  In an emergency, yeah, I'd be happy with this.  I'll pass on this for camping trips, though.  Compared to the other instant soups I've had though, it's still a little better.  I guess it's one of those instances where if I had it lying around, I wouldn't mind eating it, but I wouldn't go out looking for it.

Cheers!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment