10 May 2013

First Leather Bracelet :)


:D  It's been a long week.  And to unwind, I decided to have some DIY fun since I was in an awfully crafty mood.  Today's project was to make a stamped leather bracelet.

It's a simple strip of veggie tanned leather with snaps.  And since I can't make rounded corners to save my life, they just get cut corners.  haha!

The stamps were a cheaper set from Michaels that cost about $8.00 after using a 40% off coupon.  All of the other tools (Stanley knife, mallet, cutting board, glass, straightedge) were readily available at home.  So the only real cost were the materials for the bracelet and the stamps.

The process is super simple - just dampen your leather with some clean water, line up your stamps, and hammer away!  I just gave it a good 3 strikes (not too hard) and I was good to go.  They're quick and easy to make.  :)  It wasn't until I was making Brother's that I figured out a good method to get the letters straight.  My "mooshi" one is only slightly off, but the irregularities is what makes them unique, I suppose.  :)  I'm still very happy with how it turned out.  :D

My next project will involve stamped metal plates and rivets, added to these leather bracelets.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment