02 May 2012

Updated EDC Tin (02 May 2012)

After entering TEOTWAWKI's Altoids tin contest and explaining the contents of it, I had decided to give it a makeover. I wasn't completely happy with my "original" setup since most of the items I had in there didn't apply to my everyday life.  They were mostly things I'd found interesting or "too survival-ish" for day-to-day usage.

If I had applied these items to my "survival" kit, then they would be mediocre, duplicate supplies that would already be on my person or very close by.

Everything all nicely packed.  :)

This newer kit covers the basics of things that I use nearly everyday and supplements my main EDC/PFAK setups.

The items I've decided to include in this kit are as follows:

(1) razor blade
(1) antibacterial wipe
(2) alcohol wipes, 72%
(2) standard sized bandages, both fabric since they're my preferred types
(1) tube of super glue
(1) bundle of 550 cord guts, 8 feet
(1) small pencil
(1) electrical tape "pill"
(1) baggie of medication
  • (4) pink bismuth tabs; generic Pepto chewables
  • (4) ibuprofen tabs; generic Advil
  • (2) allergy tabs; generic Zyrtec
  • (1) floss pick
  • (1) interdental brush
(1) tiny bottle of triple antibiotic cream - filled in a tiny 0.1 fluid ounce liquid breath mint bottle

Everything laid out.  :D

The way I'd decided to arrange my tin is different than most. I prefer to keep my flatter items on top, while others prefer to have theirs at the bottom of the tin. While I understand that they do this to save space and add more items, I'm more concerned with easy access. The bandages and wipes are probably the most used items in this setup, next to the lighter and electrical tape. Then probably the razor if I needed to do something more precise than my primary blade can handle.


:)  With the flatter things on top, I can more easily access the most used items.  The moist wipes also makes a great "cover" that keeps everything from rattling.  It's the perfect size to do so!

All of these items were able to fit perfectly without the lid coming up whatsoever.  I've tossed this kit into my bookbag and even with all the jostling, has not opened up on me once.

No comments:

Post a Comment