30 May 2012

SanRenMu 710 Modification

I love my SRM 710.  :)  I still can't believe that you can get such a great knife for only about $8.00 shipped!  Well anyway, today, I got a little bored of the black and so I decided to sand it down.  Here's how it turned out:

This is the front handle.  I sanded off the front and made sure that that weird little fireball decal was gone. I'd decided to leave the edges a little black to give it that worn look.  :)  I left the edges black.

On the backside, I decided to leave it black with silver accents (opposite the front handle).  I had made the mistake of not masking off that little section by the clip and scratched the black portion when my hand slipped.  :(  It's alright though.

I'm extremely happy with how this "mod" came out.  Even though I did scratch that back portion, and it's not the best job ever, it's alright because it makes this knife more... MINE.  :D

UPDATE:  (31 May 2012)

I'd added a lanyard to it this morning.  :)  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I actually don't know the name, but the closest tutorial I can show you would be this one from Instructables: http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Sawtooth-Paracord-Bracelet-Weave/

      The one on my knife just came along while I was playing with the cord, but it seems to be the same knot as the one from the Instructables. :) Sorry I couldn't help more!

      Delete