04 May 2012

7-Eleven: More Than Just a Convenience Store

Ah... 7-Eleven.  Home of the Slurpee and the Big Bite hotdogs.  They're around every corner down here in SoCal.  Not only are they a great stop to quench your thirst and grab a bite, but also a haven for those who go backpacking and EDC small food items.  Here's what I mean:

Before we start, let me first mention... PLEASE support your local store.  Don't just waltz in there and grab 'n go.

  • Slurpee straws comes in all sorts of colors.  They can be used to color code things such as:
    • PJCB
    • spices
    • liquids
    • ointments
    • lotions
    • oils
    • and whatever you'd normally pack into straws
  • Condiments.  On my last trip, I was able to spot:  
    • ranch
    • barbeque sauce
    • Tapatio hot sauce
    • ketchup
    • mustard
    • mayo
    • honey mustard
    • sugars
    • creamer cups (not very convenient, but I guess nice if you just want a little bit of the flavored ones - they have so many flavors to choose from!)
I'd bought a Slurpee tonight and while I was about to throw away my cup, I realized that I could make fire straws (with PJCB) and have it color coded in my bright orange straw.  :D  Awesome!


Again, please do support your local store.  :)  I only grab an "extra" packet or two with each visit when I purchase a food or drink item.  Should I feel like I "need" more, I always ask the cashier if it's alright. Usually they're okay with it.  Other times, I'll just toss a bit of change into the tip jar to make up for it.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Great blog you have! or like I would say: Muy Bueno! hehe! I have an entire year to look at, the more I read, your posts get better and better. Keep up the good work!

    kind regards

    Garrison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Garrison! I have to say, now that I have more of a focus, it's become easier to blog and link ideas together as opposed to the craziness that went on the first few posts. :) Still trying to find my niche though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! and you will, you´re in the right direction!
    see you around!

    ReplyDelete