13 April 2012

Meritline "Fauxton" Keychains

As you may or may not know, I love getting random little "toys" from Meritline.  Their items come within 3 weeks from China (?) to CA and are only a couple bucks.

This time around, I got "fauxtons" (photon lights) for $1.29 shipped, for a pack of 5 (assorted, random colors).  It was brought to my attention on EDCF and BLF forums on 27 March 2012.  The product was bought that same morning and here I am now, the afternoon of 13 April 2012 with the items in my lap.


I like them a lot considering the cost, brightness, and size.  I love that for a keychain light, these things don't get in the way.  I used to carry a MagLite Solitaire on my keyring, but it proved to be a wee bit too bulky for my liking and not at all bright, even on a brand new battery.  I think the best part of it all is that these fauxtons have actually got an On/Off switch, whereas most similar products have momentary On/Off switches (you have to continue to hold down the pressure in order to keep the light on).

These items don't feel particularly flimsy, but not exactly "robust" either.  But at the cost of what, just a little over $0.25 each?  I'm quite happy.  You can't get too much with a quarter these days.  The reviews on Meritline said that some of the customers' lights came DoA (dead on arrival), but all of mine worked perfectly fine.  Let's see how they hold up.

I'm kind of glad the majority of my colors are white though; it's easier for me to hand these out to friends with such a neutral color.  I hope these go on sale again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment