04 January 2012

2011, 2012, and a Dollar Tree Haul :)

2011 came and went fairly quickly.  I'm just glad that I've friends by my side no matter what.  G.I. Joe Search and Rescue has been growing steadily and is only going to grow bigger and stronger in 2012.  The new year weekend itself passed by just as any other day - it just didn't feel like anything special this time around.

One of my 2012 projects is to record acts of kindness that I've "committed" each and every day.  Anything from small acts such as picking up trash when I'm out and about to paying for someone's purchases.  It's coming along just fine and I'm quite happy with it.  :)  Why I'm documenting it, I'm not sure.  I guess it's to keep me aware of my actions each day.  :)

And today's Dollar Tree haul:  (more items than usual since I wasn't by myself this time)

From top to bottom, left to right, we've got:  2 boxes of 6-count soft pretzels, 2 boxes of clam strips, jalapeno cheese slices, a 12-pack of legit As Seen On TV cap-to-bottle conversion things, 2 packs of 4-count Dannon yogurts, Mr. Moo cheese spread, bag of Veggie Sticks, bag of Bugles, Tony's french bread pizza, and a 3-pack of super glue.  Not shown is a 4-quart water container 'cause I'd forgotten it outside during the time the picture was taken...

Honorable mention goes to:

The Bottle Top.  I was just surprised that it's a 12-pack and that it's a legit As Seen On TV item.  They'd also had plenty of Jupiter Jacks.

I was even more impressed by the packaging.  The backside has got perforations running along it so that you don't have to deal with scissors and those darned clamshell packaging.  Just pull the tab and you're good to go.  :)

The Dannon yogurt!  Priced at $0.50 per 4-pack, it was quite a steal.  But that's only because the expiration date is in 2 days and our family goes through yogurt like there's no tomorrow.  :)

It was a good haul today and the household is happy with the purchases.  The super glue is great too.  At first I was a little iffy because I wasn't sure if it was the same... quality as the super glue you'd find in other stores (I was at Home Depot prior).  But it works perfectly fine and at $1.00 for a 3-pack, I'm quite happy.  I just used it to fix the case on my phone and now it's good as new, if not better. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment