18 January 2012

Notebooks - of the paper kind

Spring semester is coming up soon, which means ink up the fountain pens and get them notebooks ready!  However, I'm finding a hard time looking for notebooks online - the search term always brings up the notebooks of the electronic type.  Sad face.  :(

Two semesters ago, I used Cornell notes with grids printed on the backside of recycled paper.  It worked fine but it became a hassle to punch and put into their respective folders and rings (for the Rollabind ones). This year semester, I got a leg-up and have already gotten the pages printed and put into notebooks ahead of time for each course I'm taking.  :)  That should work out fine.

As for my journals, my pocket Moleskine has been filled up.  That one will be going into the bonfire for Joe, seeing as how it was a journal I'd kept for specifically for him after he'd passed away.  As much as I liked my graph ruled Moleskine, it proved to be too costly for my budget (~$10.00).  I'd then switched to the Markings brand I'd gotten from Staples ($3.00 - $4.00 on sale, $6.00 otherwise).  It was nice in that it was Moleskine-eque, with the back pocket and elastic band and all, but it's a little too bulky.  Or their covers, too gaudy (the patent leather is just weird).  Some of them are nice, I'll admit.  But their quality is a bit of hit and miss.

HOWEVER.  On a recent trip to Office Depot, I spied these little gems:

Upon closer inspection, they turned out to be almost an exact duplicate of the Moleskine brand.  I love the thin hard covers, similar to that of the Moleskine (bleh @ Markings' bulky ones!).  They also had the soft covers available in a variety of colors.  And the best part?  The $3.99 price is their regular price~!  No more having to wait for sales and such.  I hadn't yet picked one up, but I'm hoping that the paper is decent and that there is enough of a demand that they can continue to have these in stock.  You just can't beat that price and that classic notebook look.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment