28 July 2013

Tin o' Stuff: Essential Oils

A reader commented a few days ago on the Altoids Survival Kit Items (Extensive List) post and said that he carries essential oils in his tins.

Daniel stated:
Have you considered essential oils for your first aid kit? I keep some 1/4 dram containers with essential oils. See: https://squareup.com/market/the-image-foundry/edc-essential-oil-pack

For cut, bruises, headaches, colds, flu, sunburn, insect bites, purification, viruses and more you can get a lot of bang in these oils. I've seen some store smaller amounts in sealed straws if size is an issue.
Below are images that he'd sent me showing what and how he carries these oils.

In an Altoids tin.

Lined up in a Tube Vault ("Baby Soda Bottle")

These are GREAT additions to a tin - be it survival, EDC, first aid, or otherwise.  As Daniel had mentioned, these are great for various purposes.  I personally think those little bottles are AWESOME.  haha The perfect size to stash anywhere - there's really no reason not to.  I have to find one and carry that... Asian green oil stuff with me.  I really don't know what it's called (but I think it's made of Eucalyptus?) as it's directly translated from "dầu xanh" ... "oil green." 

Thank you for the suggestion, images, and explanation of uses, Daniel!

:)  Be sure to check out the original list (here) to pick and choose what would best make your tin.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment