13 July 2013

Duty, Honor, Sacrifice


I went geocaching after work the other day and it brought me to a place that really made me think. It always does.   And I always find something new.


This is the Vietnam War Memorial tribute. I believe this was dedicated back in 2003.


Duty, Honor, Sacrifice. This was the first time that I'd actually read the plaque below the statue.


This is the eternal flame. It used to burn all day, every day, rain or shine, but a few years ago, the flame was put out due to city maintenance reasons, but the meaning still stands strong. Every now and then though, when I come in to work, I do see the flame. It's nice.  


These bricks are laid out along the aisle way that leads up to the monument, each one with a dedication.


This was one that I'd never taken notice of before. But it really struck me.

This goes out to all of our everyday heroes, sworn and civilian, known and unknown, young and old.   Thank you for your service.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. That's great. How you guys honor all this brave people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you. This memorial holds a special place in my heart.

      Delete