05 December 2011

Dollar Tree Saved My Heels

The other night, I found myself lying in bed, wide awake, but not wanting to do much more than browse the interwebz on my Atrix.  However, I didn't even know what I wanted to browse for.  Having bought a laundry bag from the Dollar Tree a couple of days ago, I'd eventually, I ended up on the Dollar Tree landing page.

I looked through almost all of the categories they had possible and eventually found myself looking at the "Health and Personal Care," and eventually the Medicine Cabinet > First Aid Supplies sub-categories.  There, I found Premier brand Heel Grippers.  There was only one review there which stated that they loved the product and gave it 5 stars.  The day prior, I had gone hiking with the members of DooyuwannaHike and G.I. Joe Search and Rescue in boots that hadn't been broken in yet.  And my heels hurt!  I figured for $1.00 I could give it a shot.


The next morning, I'd gone to the Dollar Tree with my shopping buddy and picked up a set.  They are a spongy rubber material and the adhesive on the backside is pretty tough, though not as strong as moleskin (I think the ones I'd used prior were from Dr. Scholl's).  At first look I thought they were too thin, but again, I'd only be out $1.00.


The package stated to wait 15 minutes after putting in the grippers before putting the shoes back on.  I did so and after waiting the allotted time, was surprised at how well they worked and how strongly the stuff stuck to my boots!  My heels couldn't have been happier.  Gone are the days that I have to uncomfortably wear two pairs of socks with these boots just to make them fit decent.

Thank you, Dollar Tree.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment