27 November 2011

Black Friday + Rubbermaid

What have these two got in common?  A LOT.

During Black Friday weekend, Wal-Mart had a sale on 30 piece Rubbermaid container sets at the cost of $6.88 + tax, which included the following (shown in the picture below):


I had come to the Wal-Mart in the "nicer" part of town and the store had TWO whole WALLS built of these things.  I picked up one set for my mom late afternoon on the first day of the sale.  Because there were plenty left, I didn't think to "have" to pick up any more, though I was sure that my mom's friends would want some too.

That night, my mom asked her friends and I was told to pick up 3 more sets of these things.  Because the stores were filled with walls and walls of these, I figured it'd be okay to come back the following day.  Boy, was I wrong!  All of the stores in the surrounding area, within a 50 mile radius, AND online at walmart.com had sold out completely.  DANG.

Seriously.  The stores were filled with these and sold out within a day.  Crazy.  Then again, at that price, I wouldn't blame them; the 20-ish piece sets already sell for $10.00+.

I wasn't kidding when I said there were walls of these.  Yes, I did stop and have my shopping buddy take a picture of the wall for me.  I was decked out in my fuzzy hat (it was a chilly) and combat boots to battle my way through the crowd!  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment