21 October 2011

Rock Climbing Shoes?! :)

The other night, upon arriving at the most recent G.I. Joe Search and Rescue meeting, Sis surprised me with a gift!  The weekend prior was the REI used gear sale.  I hadn't gone for whatever reason... I think I was doing homework.  But anyway, at dinner one night, she told me she'd gotten me something.  I didn't think it was anything REI related.  A couple of nights later, before heading out for a movie (Real Steel, which was AWESOME, by the way!), I'd asked her if she'd found anything interesting at the used gear sale.  She just smirked and said that I couldn't see it yet.

I had no idea that that smirk was referring to my gift.  Next thing you know, she surprises me with rock climbing shoes that she'd found at said sale in my size!  And in red, at that!  Perfect for G.I. Joe training.  :)
.

The right one was a little tight in one tiny section, but after stuffing them with socks for a night or two stretched them out perfectly.  The left one had always fit fine.  But sweet!  New rock climbing shoes!  Well, new to me.  But they were kept in pretty great shape; probably only used a handful of times at most.

No comments:

Post a Comment