17 October 2011

Lip Balm Addiction???

I've never liked using lip balms before. But I was getting tired if the constantly dry and chapped lips. Putting on tinted glosses or lipstick only highlighted the dry, flaking skin on my lips and it was disgusting.

Over the years, I've used probably the entire line of what Blistex and Carmex had to offer. But none worked for me. They would fix the lips temporarily, for maybe a day, but that's it; out hours back to bring dry and flaky after I stopped using the product. Even so, I fight like the flavor that Blistex imparts either.  It's just weird. The tinglyness of the Carmex was nice, but it always felt so heavy on my lips.

I've also tried off brand balms, vitamin e sticks, Soft Lips brand, among others and none seemed to work.

Desperate for relief from cracked lips one day, I reached for the regular old ChapStick brand "Moisturizer" stick (in the blue label) and it's become my go-to balm since. I'd even bought the multi-pack of the stuff so that I could have out in all of my bags, room, and car. I can't seem to be without it. Best part? Very little reapplication needed; usually only after meals.

My lips have never been smoother. It's very light and not at all waxy. It's even got a light hint of vanilla flavor to it.

Sweet! I'm now a happy child. :) With smooth, soft lips too!

No comments:

Post a Comment