05 October 2011

Little Debbie's Fall Pumpkin Delights: Filled Cookies

Ya know... there's just something about these cookies that make me happy.  Perhaps it's the smile (albeit a little ominous looking, some of them)?  The taste of the fall season rearing it's head?  The soft and tenderness that is a Little Debbie's sweet?

Whatever it is, I love it.  These Pumpkin Delights only come 'round once a year.  Their cakes and other snacks merely get a make-over.  (Seriously... their "new" Fall Tree Cakes are merely differently sprinkled Christmas Tree Cakes - both have got the same shape, yellow cake innards, chocolate creme fillings, and enrobed in chocolate flavor.)  But these pumpkin filled cookies... you can only get them once a year.

I recall only ever having this once as a kid.  More than a decade later, at age 21, I see them again at Target and it brings back memories.  I never used to purchase sweets, but it's a good pick-me-up during long lectures courses where food isn't allowed and I had left the house without my usual  piece of fruit or trail mix.

These cookies really hit the spot.  I don't believe I've had absolutely every single Little Debbie's sweet, but I really like this one as well as their brownies (so dense and chewy!) and their oatmeal filled cookies now and again.  Like I said, it's not often that I purchase sweets, but when I do, it's probably a Little Debbie's brand snack (or Oreos, but there had best be milk around).

Oh yeah... and don'tcha think my little cookie resembles Sack Boy from Little Big Planet?  I've also been told one of the characters from the movie 9 and Sam, the Halloween Spirit.  :)  Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment