09 April 2013

Freehand Sharpening :)

Went ahead and tried my hand at freehand sharpening again.  I think I'm getting a lot better - I had put it aside for a while when I got the Spyderco Sharpmaker.  But I really didn't like it and decided to go back to practicing freehanding.

First 4 shots were taken after taking it to a sharpening stone that I'd gotten about a year ago from the Japanese market.  :)

Front.


Back.

Looks nice, no?  :)

This final shot was taken after polishing up the edge with automotive sandpaper (1.5k and 2k).  I didn't have a strop.

Polished her up a bit and she cuts like buttah!  :D


2 comments:

  1. Its so weird seeing the blue side up. I always see the purple side( it is the side with the EDCforum logo I guess :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Yeah. I hardly ever take shots with Blurple on the blue side. :) You have to admit that the second to last picture shows the blade pretty well, though. :P

      Delete